Welcome to the Fosstrak Reader Project
The objective of the Reader Project is to implement the reader role in the EPC Network and to develop the appropriate tools that facilitate communication with the reader instance.
The Reader Project currently comprises of three separate modules:
- the Reader RP/RM Core that implements the EPCglobal Reader Protocol and Reader Management Specification
- the Reader RP Proxy that can be used on a host computer to access a Reader Protocol compliant reader through a Java interface
- the Reader RP Client to access a Reader Protocol compliant reader directly through a graphical user interface
Possible usage scenarios include the following:
- Enable a reader that does not implement the EPCglobal Reader Protocol or the Reader Management Standard by deploying a HAL wrapper - use the Fosstrak Reader and HAL as an adaptor.
- Simulate the deployment of hundreds of readers - use the Fosstrak Reader with the simulation framework of the Fosstrak HAL.
- Test your RFID application without any reader hardware attached - use the Fosstrak Reader RP/RM Core with a simulator of the Fosstrak HAL.
- Interact with a reader that implements the EPCglobal Reader Protocol Version 1.1 - use the Fosstrak Reader Client.
- Communicate with a reader via the EPCglobal Reader Protocol Version 1.1 from within your Java application - use the Fosstrak Reader RP Proxy.
- Embed our reader implementation in your reader - this requires a powerful reader platform.
Some screenshots and a demo is available here.