Fosstrak EPCIS provides an EPCglobal-certified EPCIS Repository as well as Query and Capture clients.
In addition to these standards-compliant modules, it also offers a "Webadapter" for easy EPCIS
access via web protocols (e.g., REST).
Fosstrak EPCIS is a complete implementation of the EPCIS standard specification
(Version 1.0.1 of September 21, 2007). It successfully passed conformance testing
and is EPCglobal-certified.
How can the Fosstrak EPCIS Project help you?
This project allows you to:
- deploy an EPCIS Repository using our implementation
- query an existing EPCIS Repository using our graphical user interface
- fill an existing EPCIS Repository with EPC data using our graphical user interface
The Fosstrak EPCIS Project comprises three separate modules:
- an EPCIS Repository implementation
- an interactive EPCIS Capture Application
- an interactive EPCIS Query Application
The figure below gives an overview of the Fosstrak EPCIS Implementation. For more
information refer to the Architecture Guide
Possible usage scenarios include the following:
- Embed our EPCIS Repository into your own applications to add an EPCIS interface to it
- Interactively explore any EPCIS Repository using our graphical EPCIS Query Application
- Use our EPCIS accessing applications as a blueprint to build your own EPCIS Capture or Query Application